Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Track World Cup
« Last post by John Bachmann on November 23, 2017, 03:41:07 PM »
The schedule for the World Cup Track events at the Milton Velodrome is here:
https://www.twcmilton.com/event-info

Note that the Friday Dec 1 events are not open to the public.

If you're not familiar with track cycling (most of us aren't!) and want to see a great primer on the different track events, check out this video on the UCI Channel summarizing what happened at the previous meet in Manchester:

Hope to see a lot of you out at the Velodrome watching the world's best!
General Discussion / Track World Cup
« Last post by Steve Maxwell on November 21, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »
Several club members are planning to attend the world cup track cycling event at the Milton Velodrome December 1-3. Tickets are available at http://twcmilton.com. Get your tickets early.

See you at the track
External (Non-BCC) Events / Track World Cup
« Last post by Steve Maxwell on November 21, 2017, 09:51:03 PM »
Several club members are planning to attend the world cup track cycling event at the Milton Velodrome December 1-3. Tickets are available at http://twcmilton.com. Get your tickets early.

See you at the track
Club Photos / 2017 Year End Social Photos
« Last post by John Bachmann on November 21, 2017, 08:35:28 PM »
Thank you to everyone that turned out and to the following companies that donated door prizes:

* Ripley's Aquarium
* Starbucks Port Credit
* Cyclepath Brampton
* Cyclepath Oakville

Photos are at https://www.flickr.com/photos/jhbphotographs/albums/72157666636383629
General Discussion / Re: Remembering Ken Wilkes
« Last post by John Bachmann on November 19, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »
The following is being posted on behalf of Frank Sawinsky.

When I was just a wee lad back in mid '80's Ken and the rest of the English gents that ran BCC basically spent a lot of time teaching. I knew nothing. I made every mistake in the book and sometimes more than once. Ken gave me advice on my first real bike purchase - a baby blue steel f**in. I had it for a few months before it was stolen and then I was back getting more advice.

Decades later I was coming back across Eglinton on a solo training ride. I ran into Ken and some other BCC riders and jumped in and started chatting. In the middle of the intersection he falls off his bike at 9th line Literally just tips and lands with a thud. He was so stubborn he refused to go to the hospital or get in an ambulance. I cycled home with him that day I was on pins and needles worried about him and he was all jokes. He was made of strong stuff. A gentleman, great sense of humour and tough as nails.

I will miss him.
« Last post by Thomas Bruck on November 13, 2017, 02:15:20 PM »
Browsing through John's professional pictures reminds me precious moments we spent with Ken Wilkes on and off bike. Miss you, Ken!
« Last post by Roy B on November 13, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
Thanks John.
That was a great photo tribute to Ken.  He will be missed.
Roy Buchanan
« Last post by mina on November 09, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »
Ken will always have a special place in my heart.  I will never forget the time and place back in October 2003 when I first met him.
I was riding alone not knowing where to go because I was very new to cycling not knowing the roads and that clubs existed .
 Ken was stopped at the side of road. I asked if he needed assistance he said no then I went on my way.
 He rode to catch up to me and took me on a tour of Milton lol it was great. Then he invited me to come on a Wednesday ride and meet some of the BCC members
 then from that day forward I never left.
My deepest sympathy to his family and all of BCC family  for the lost of a great funny man and rider. R.I.P Ken

« Last post by John Desramaux on November 06, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
Beautiful tribute John.  You captured a man at his best.  One of my first rides with the club 14 years ago
was with Ken.  He was cursing in the parking lot as he had forgotten his arm warmers and it was a chilli morning. 
I had an extra pair in my kit bag and offered them to Ken and I think he has forever greatful. A beautiful man.
Condolences to his family and all the club members especially Mucker1 Mucker2 and everyone he touched.
RIP Ken.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10