• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

Recent posts

B
Clothing / Re: Ladies Size Medium Jersey
Last post by BarbKishimoto - April 11, 2023, 03:09:20 PM
Not sure if your jersey is still available, and also not sure about the sizing.  Do they fit true to size?
B
General Discussion / Re: 2023 Introductions
Last post by BarbKishimoto - April 11, 2023, 03:02:48 PM
Hi!  I'm Barb Kishimoto.  I've been an active triathlete for 15 years, but I've usually bike-trained solo or with a friend or two.  I'm a little nervouse about riding in a pack, but I've signed up for the Skills Clinic this weekend.  Looking forward to meeting people!
Classifieds / Scicon bike box for sale
Last post by Sean O - April 08, 2023, 08:12:52 PM
I have a Scicon hard shell bike box for sale, if interested contact me.
C
Classifieds / Ti track bike
Last post by Carbon Dreams - March 30, 2023, 02:33:12 PM
Large True North Titanium track bike. 56x56. 74 degree seat and head tubes. Raw ti with  purple anodized maple leafs and logo. Built with Miche Primato 170mm cranks and Mavic Open Pro clincher rims on Phil's hubs. Steel Deda track bars 40 cms wide. Thomson seat post and stem. Chris King headset. Fizik Arrionne seat. Carbon fork. Only ridden on the track. $3500.
Last post by Percival Santamaria - March 30, 2023, 09:48:17 AM
Hi Sean,
It should be fine to join the upcoming rides but please talk to the ride leader at the start of the ride.
Also, depending on the weather the ride may or may not get cancelled, so make sure to check the event on the app prior to heading out.

Quote from: redmos on March 29, 2023, 07:41:52 PMI notice there are rides scheduled for this weekend with everyone that is registering joining the Saturday morning ride (Easy Riders).  I understand the concept of the peloton, participated in a small 3 person version with friends once or twice but no large group experience.  I know there is a riding clinic on April 16th but any issue with us new riders joining the easy riders group this Saturday?  Happy to stay at the end of the pack to not interfere with the more experienced riders.  It's well within my comfort zone for speed and length, even as a solo rider. 
R
Last post by redmos - March 29, 2023, 07:41:52 PM
Thanks Geoff, haven't done the P2A yet but I'm excited to try it next month. 

I notice there are rides scheduled for this weekend with everyone that is registering joining the Saturday morning ride (Easy Riders).  I understand the concept of the peloton, participated in a small 3 person version with friends once or twice but no large group experience.  I know there is a riding clinic on April 16th but any issue with us new riders joining the easy riders group this Saturday?  Happy to stay at the end of the pack to not interfere with the more experienced riders.  It's well within my comfort zone for speed and length, even as a solo rider. 
Last post by Geoff Milan - March 29, 2023, 07:20:53 PM
SEAN
Welcome aboard. Lots of welcoming folks in BCC for sure. And if you did P2A you should have no problem with any of our routes.

CHET
Registering for rides on Cycle Club App is required, whether thru app or web browser version. Remember to enable messaging in your profile.
Communication related to specific rides should be done thru CCA. Other topics can be addressed thru Brampton Cycling Club website Forum (here).

R
Last post by redmos - March 29, 2023, 05:42:57 PM
Hey, Sean here.  New to BCC and club riding in general.  A friend was nice enough to re-introduce me to riding last summer and have eagerly taken up the sport.  Enjoyed it so much I signed up for the P2A classic 75km race at the end of April... What was I thinking!  LOL, looks like it could be a lot of fun, maybe a little intense but definitely fun. Mostly solo riding so far, looking for a group of friendly people to ride with this summer.
C
Last post by Chet - March 29, 2023, 04:19:50 PM
Thanks Percival, is the app mandatory to join the group rides? Does the info not get posted here or Strava?

Also what is the best place to have discussions? This forum, Strava BCC or the app?

Thanks,
Chet
C
Clothing / BCC Clothing order dead line M...
Last post by Chet - March 29, 2023, 04:17:23 PM
Hey, I want to purchase the BCC bibs. But I do not want to pay $20 in shipping, is anyone else ordering their kit and I can jump on your order? I just need the bibs in M size, race (9 hour) pads with no other upgrades. Since we all live in Brampton, it can save us the shipping costs and I see it was ordered as a group earlier. I can pay in advance of the order.

Only 2 days left so if anyone is willing to do so, please let me know. I only have 1 shorts and 2 bibs (black bibs) and I want to buy a nice premium bib for this summer.

You can email me at Chetanya.gupta96@gmail.com or call at 416 305 6019.

Thanks,
Chet