• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

2023 Introductions

Started by Percival Santamaria, March 24, 2023, 11:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percival Santamaria

Our community is now much bigger with several new members this year, welcome to the Brampton Cycling Club community!

Please introduce yourself and if you have any questions, we have plenty of experienced members who can help answer them for you.

Some questions you may have:
- Which group should I ride with?
- How do I sign up for a ride?
- How do I get my hands on that good looking club kit? :)

Adamridesbikes

Good afternoon. Adam M. It's my first time joining a club. I typically ride solo or with one other riding partner. I'm trying to expand my horizons. Look forward to joining some group rides. Cheers

Geoff Milan

Welcome aboard Adam. Looking forward to riding together (once the weather cooperates)

Al DeSaegher

Hello all.  Al D here.  I am also new to club riding, but I have been riding a bit with a few other riders from our Probus club over the past few years.  Most of the Probus rides are on the Etobicoke Creek Trail north from Brampton into Caledon.  I hope to be able to increase my average speed by riding with BCC.  Hope to ride with you soon!

Chet

Hey, Chet here. I have been riding my bike casually for a few years. I love cycling and often cycle on Zwift in winters and on Etobicoke trail or in Caledon in summers. First time joining a club (the free dues promotion). I am looking forward to riding with you all.

Thanks,
Chet

Percival Santamaria

Welcome @Adamridesbikes, @Al DeSaegher & @Chet! Great to have you all onboard.

Please note that Our VP Touring - Steve J, has scheduled our first BCC Group Riding Clinic for Sunday April 16th. This is a good place to start if you have no experience riding in a peloton(group)! 

More about this clinic can be found in the CycleClub App.

Chet

Thanks Percival, is the app mandatory to join the group rides? Does the info not get posted here or Strava?

Also what is the best place to have discussions? This forum, Strava BCC or the app?

Thanks,
Chet

redmos

Hey, Sean here.  New to BCC and club riding in general.  A friend was nice enough to re-introduce me to riding last summer and have eagerly taken up the sport.  Enjoyed it so much I signed up for the P2A classic 75km race at the end of April... What was I thinking!  LOL, looks like it could be a lot of fun, maybe a little intense but definitely fun. Mostly solo riding so far, looking for a group of friendly people to ride with this summer.

Geoff Milan

SEAN
Welcome aboard. Lots of welcoming folks in BCC for sure. And if you did P2A you should have no problem with any of our routes.

CHET
Registering for rides on Cycle Club App is required, whether thru app or web browser version. Remember to enable messaging in your profile.
Communication related to specific rides should be done thru CCA. Other topics can be addressed thru Brampton Cycling Club website Forum (here).

redmos

Thanks Geoff, haven't done the P2A yet but I'm excited to try it next month. 

I notice there are rides scheduled for this weekend with everyone that is registering joining the Saturday morning ride (Easy Riders).  I understand the concept of the peloton, participated in a small 3 person version with friends once or twice but no large group experience.  I know there is a riding clinic on April 16th but any issue with us new riders joining the easy riders group this Saturday?  Happy to stay at the end of the pack to not interfere with the more experienced riders.  It's well within my comfort zone for speed and length, even as a solo rider. 

Percival Santamaria

Hi Sean,
It should be fine to join the upcoming rides but please talk to the ride leader at the start of the ride.
Also, depending on the weather the ride may or may not get cancelled, so make sure to check the event on the app prior to heading out.

Quote from: redmos on March 29, 2023, 07:41:52 PMI notice there are rides scheduled for this weekend with everyone that is registering joining the Saturday morning ride (Easy Riders).  I understand the concept of the peloton, participated in a small 3 person version with friends once or twice but no large group experience.  I know there is a riding clinic on April 16th but any issue with us new riders joining the easy riders group this Saturday?  Happy to stay at the end of the pack to not interfere with the more experienced riders.  It's well within my comfort zone for speed and length, even as a solo rider. 

BarbKishimoto

Hi!  I'm Barb Kishimoto.  I've been an active triathlete for 15 years, but I've usually bike-trained solo or with a friend or two.  I'm a little nervouse about riding in a pack, but I've signed up for the Skills Clinic this weekend.  Looking forward to meeting people!

Geoff Milan

Welcome Barb. Looking forward to riding together.
Group riding clinic this Sunday, may get moved to Saturday if weather doesn't cooperate.
Make sure your notifications are enabled on your profile in Cycle Club App, so that you get messages of any change.

Cæsar

Hi! I'm Cæsar. I have been riding with another club for about 5 years.
I did a ride with BCC last year as a guest. It was fun to ride in a peloton, so coming back for more of that.

Question: where can I find the route for a ride that is scheduled in the Cycle Club App? For example, if I join the Sunday April 23 Touring ride starting from Churchill Meadows CC. Where would I find the route?

Geoff Milan

Hi Caeser.
There are 2 rides scheduled for CMCC Sunday April 23, Easy Rollers & Touring. Easy rollers does not as yet have any registrations or route posted.
Touring has 6 registered and a route to Waterdown posted. Ride with GPS Link to route can be found simply by clicking on to event.Found just beneath HOST.
You cannot view this attachment.