• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

Zwifters - question

Started by colin.moore, January 21, 2022, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colin.moore

Hi all,
I've hopped back on Zwift after a short stint using it back in 2020.   Wondering if there are tips for searching events?   Say, for instance, how do you search for races next weekend?   or group rides hosted by BCC?   So far, all I've been able to do is scroll through a long list that includes everything starting with right now.
Thanks in advance!
Colin.

Geoff Milan

Hi Collin
Belated Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

Welcome back to the dark side. Zwift has a filter feature for events which will allow for filtering rides, races, categories etc.
Filtering is somewhat effective but you can only view events less than 24 hrs in advance.
A new feature is Pace Partners which allows you to draft in a big blob of riders. There are 4 different paces to choose from. They can be found when selecting Watopia and are found in the first black horizontal selection bar. I like em.
Wayne Eaves has organized 2 group rides per week (Wed & Sat 9:00AM). If you contact Wayne he can include you in his meetup invitations. They are set in the "Stay Together" mode and as such nobody gets dropped.
And finally, you and I and anyone are free to post organized Zwift rides on our 4 FB ride groups.
Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to email, message, phone or contact me telepathically   🤪
Cheers!

colin.moore

Thanks for the reply Geoff!

I found that filter, but, ya it was that next step, finding a race next weekend.  Seems odd that you can't look ahead.

Anyway, see you in Watopia!

JasonGRoth

Good afternoon all,

There's a much more effective tool for searching for events allowing you to filter by world, route, workout/ride/race, date, time, etc.

Try this instead: https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/

Happy Zwifting!

J.

Geoff Milan

colin.moore

Thanks Jason, this is perfect!