• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

2023 Introductions

Started by Percival Santamaria, March 24, 2023, 11:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partsguy100

Good morning,  my name is John W and I was riding with another club last year.  This will be my second year in road riding and looking forward to meeting the group. I think my pace would be the classic group. I'm pretty good with hills and haven't met one I didn't like.

Percival Santamaria

Welcome to the club John and look forward to riding with you.

Quote from: Partsguy100 on April 24, 2023, 09:47:08 AMGood morning,  my name is John W and I was riding with another club last year.  This will be my second year in road riding and looking forward to meeting the group. I think my pace would be the classic group. I'm pretty good with hills and haven't met one I didn't like.

Nehasharma

Hi I am Neha. New to both riding and club riding. I want to get better at cycling. I only rode like 10 to 15 kms every other day. Only done 1 rode of 53 kms which motivated me to join a club so I can meet people and do more cycling. I guess I missed the workshops  hope to join some group rides soon

Geoff Milan

Hi Neha and welcome to the club.

Sounds like the Beginners group would be a good place to start. Remember to identify yourself as a new rider/member to the group leader. Please make sure that you have read and understand Group Riding Techniques found on the BCC website https://bramptoncyclingclub.com/group_riding/
Watch for the posting of additional Group Riding Clinics in the near future.

Derrick Young

Hello, I am Derick and just coming back to cycling after 4-5 years away.  Previously rode with an organized social group which I really enjoyed.  I am hoping coming from a social group and being off the bike as long as I have I can keep up with the beginners group in 2023.  Getting dropped sucks.

Geoff Milan

Welcome Derrick.

Starting with Beginners group sounds good. If pace and distance are not enough, you can always move up to another group level. Please be sure to read and understand Group Riding Techniques found on the BCC website.
https://bramptoncyclingclub.com/group_riding/

Bhovencamp

Hi Everyone! I'm Britney, I have a BMX racing background and I now coach that, however I got into casual road riding a couple years ago. I usually go by myself or with one other rider but I wanted to get more involved and go on some group rides! I am in school for Athletic Therapy at Sheridan and have a summer internship but I am hoping to make it out to a group ride at least once a week. Looking forward to meeting you all! :D

Laura Carriere

Hello New Friends  ;D
My name is Laura, and I'm very much looking forward to a great summer of riding.  I'm a new member and new to group rides, usually head out with a small group of friends on "adventures" (normally getting lost if I'm in charge of the map LOL) I started riding about 4yrs ago and has loved it ever since. Unfortunately can not make the May 6th clinic, but will keep an eye out for the next one. 
Hope to meet everyone soon!!

Percival Santamaria

Hi Britney and Laura,
Welcome to BCC. Looks like you'll are just in time for the start of some good weather so we should see plenty of members out this coming weekend.

Marc Cohen

Hi, I'm Marc Cohen living in Georgetown.  Originally from Pittsburgh Pa.  Anyone cycling in Pittsburgh has to love climbing. I do.  I travel to Pa to cycle up mountains.  I'm planning a three day trip to Altoona Pa.  for a one day, 36 mile ride with 13 miles of climbing at 13, 11, and 9 percent grades. I do parts of this ride every year.

I train up and down the escarpment and at Blue Mountain.

I'm 69 years young.

"Put some fun between your legs, ride a bike."

Geoff Milan

Welcome aboard Marc.

Sounds like you will enjoy our rides through Hockley Valley.

Geevan Lal

Hello everyone!

My name is Geevan Lal and I live in Brampton. Moved to Canada a few months back from India and brought my bike with me. But never had the chance to ride here yet. Have done a bit of riding back in India and also done Randonneuring. Looking forward to riding with you all.

Percival Santamaria

Hello Geevan and welcome to BCC.
You can learn more of the different groups on our website here: https://bramptoncyclingclub.com/touring/

Quote from: Geevan Lal on May 30, 2023, 12:10:15 AMHello everyone!

My name is Geevan Lal and I live in Brampton. Moved to Canada a few months back from India and brought my bike with me. But never had the chance to ride here yet. Have done a bit of riding back in India and also done Randonneuring. Looking forward to riding with you all.

Michael Barker

Hello everyone, Michael Barker here! I started road cycling this year in preparation for the subaru triathalon in Milton this June. Most if not all of my training has been on Zwift with some solo rides outside. To be honest it's been kind of a lonely adventure which is why I've been looking to join you great folks. Looking forward to see you on the road after finishing a few clinics.

Geoff Milan

Welcome Michael.
Club riding is the opposite of lonely.
Pretty sure that it's too late in the season to be holding any more group riding clinics.
Please be sure to read the information contained through the following links and contact VP of Touring Steve Juniper before showing up for your first group ride  :)
https://bramptoncyclingclub.com/group_riding/
https://bramptoncyclingclub.com/group-etiquette/