• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

Club Kit for 2019

Started by Doug Richards, December 03, 2018, 11:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Richards

As we plan for our 2019 season we want to review our club clothing kit.
BCC has used the same design from Louis Garneau for a few seasons.  We are looking for member input on whether we should continue with the same design or consider a change.  Please provide us with your thoughts on the current kit pricing, design and quality.  This will help us gauge the level of interest in considering any changes.

Thanks

Doug

Geoff Milan

Hi Doug.
Thanks for asking.
I'm flexible with all aspects.
My personal preference would be a new look to the club kit.
:)

JasonGRoth

I'd be a fan of a re-design. Given the issues surrounding safety and riders being "visible" to drivers, perhaps something with more bright/bold colours (though perhaps not quite as "safety vest-y" as the Collingwood club's totally hi-vis jerseys).

Just my 2 cents

J.

Steve Maxwell

Hi Doug,

I am so ready for a new kit. Anything that looks good and is visible will do.
BCC Webmaster

Paul Blaik

Doug, I think the quality and value of the LG kit is great.  I too would like a new design.

Thanks
PB

Cycling enthusiast and Ironman triathlete
2018 Cervelo S5
2016 Salsa Warbird
2015 Cervelo P3

Daphne

I like the current one but I'm for a new design (we always need a new one in our closet, right?).

My only requirement for the new kit is: Please do have them ready EARLY in the season. I got mine in July this summer and finally got to wear it the first time in August (Dah!).

Julie Rossall

I'm a long time/early season/sporadically riding member who is now retired and intending to do more road riding this coming year, including on week days.  I've never purchased club clothing but would happily purchase newly designed club kit (as opposed to that which has been around a few years, which would likely be obsolete in a year or two at any rate).

Agree that visibility needs to be considered/improved from largely black. Also that clothing should be available early in the season, to maximize wear same year.

Thanks, Julie

BikeWriter

I will only buy club clothing that increases visibility. Sorry to say, but that is why I did not buy any of the last club jerseys. We should be able to come up with something other than black.

TimCork

As a relatively new member, June 2017, and missing most of 2018 with a back issue, I have been holding off getting a club kit expecting a possible re-design.  I agree with all the posts so far.  Are we talking complete re-design or just colour change?  Would be nice to see some design options.  Perhaps this would encourage more response.

Modestly,
Tim

John Bachmann

Just a quick note for those of you who are suggesting delivery of the clothing earlier in the year.
1. Turnaround time for orders are generally six to eight weeks regardless of supplier.
2. We typically hold off ordering until mid-May (with a mid-July delivery) because this gives new members (the majority of which join in April or early May) a chance to order.
3. We need an order window of at least a month so that our order quantities are large enough to keep prices reasonable.
I hope this makes our July deliveries appear a little more logical.   :)

Guy Kristof

Quote from: JasonGRoth on December 06, 2018, 10:49:42 AM
I'd be a fan of a re-design. Given the issues surrounding safety and riders being "visible" to drivers, perhaps something with more bright/bold colours (though perhaps not quite as "safety vest-y" as the Collingwood club's totally hi-vis jerseys).

Just my 2 cents

J.

+2

My thoughts exactly.
2014 Specialized Secteur Expert Disc

Kaj Johnson

I'm also for a redesign and colour change to something with more pop. Also, I think having an option to choose between styles of kit would be nice (ie. race cut vs relaxed).
Kaj

Vincent Chang

Is it possible to add cap as an option like vest? I believe we cyclists should have classical look with a cap on.

I'd also like race cut as an option too. Aerodynamic is cheaper on clothes than a new bike.
Ride Safe

Vincent

GodfreyT

Race cut is cool too! Something lighter for all the climbers  ;)