• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

January 1st 2021 - Annual Polar Bear Ride

Started by Paul Blaik, December 21, 2019, 09:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Blaik

In speaking with Steve M - we were thinking of moving the Annual BCC Polar Bear Ride to a new starting spot, the Southfields Village Public School - lots of parking, no need to ride the busy roads to get to our routes and Butter & Cup for coffee/treats post ride.  10AM start from school parking lot.

Not sure the forecast yet, but something like this - shorter or longer may make sense...

Looking forward to riding with the regular Polar Bear Crazies and hopefully a few new faces!  Its a fun group ride, no one left behind!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31626859

Cycling enthusiast and Ironman triathlete
2018 Cervelo S5
2016 Salsa Warbird
2015 Cervelo P3

Steve Maxwell

Count me in if the weather permits. Looking forward to the post-ride coffee and catching up at Butter & Cup.
BCC Webmaster

Steve Juniper

Forecast for January 1st looks to be sunny with a high of 2C. A bit chilly but I'll look for some extra warm gloves and try to make it out.

Southfields is definitely a good start location for this ride. Hopefully the Butter & Cup will be open on New Years Day.

Paul Blaik

I reached out to Butter and Cup after seeing Steve J's post - and unfortunately they are not open!  So we'll have to stick with Timmies at Mayfield and Hwy10 post ride!

PB

2018 Cervelo S5
2016 Salsa Warbird
2015 Cervelo P3

Doug Richards

Paul Blaik

2018 Cervelo S5
2016 Salsa Warbird
2015 Cervelo P3

JasonGRoth

As long as the roads are reasonably dry, I'm hoping to join in on the "fun". Even remembered to charge my shifters 👍

Pete L

Looking forward to joining you all for the annual New Years ride. Well, for the photo at least😊

Steve Maxwell

Good morning and happy new year. Weather forecast looks OK for the ride this morning and I am planning on being there. Looking forward to see the others.
BCC Webmaster

Paul Blaik

Me too - there are options to cut shorter if people start to get too cold - hope to see a bunch of you this morning - gotta keep the annual tradition alive :)

PB
2018 Cervelo S5
2016 Salsa Warbird
2015 Cervelo P3

Doug Richards

My bike is loaded in the car and ready to go. See you at southfields

Doug

martinp

Paul Blaik

Thanks for the huge turnout - Easy Rollers, Touring, Classic and Sportif - we had fun and kept together (a little like herding cats  ;))

2018 Cervelo S5
2016 Salsa Warbird
2015 Cervelo P3