• Welcome to Brampton Cycling Club Forum.

Finger Lakes Tour 2019

Started by Allen McGregor, April 02, 2019, 06:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen McGregor

The dates for the 2019 Finger Lakes Tour are the 21st to the 23rd of June. The routes have been added to the Events Calendar. There is a Michael Macdonald - Chaka Kahn concert Saturday night in Canandaigua. This means that accommodation will be hard to get in the area. It is recommended that you book early.
Link: https://www.cmacevents.com/events/michael-mcdonald-and-chaka-khan/

If you don't mind very basic accommodation, the Lafayette Motel is the usual place to stay, and is the start point for the Friday and Saturday rides. http://www.lafayettecanandaigua.com

This year, due to the majority of people staying in Canandaigua Thursday night, the Friday ride will start from Canandaigua rather than Honeoye. The Friday start time will be 9:00 AM. If enough people inform me that they wish to arrive Friday morning, I will consider moving the start time 10:00 AM as in the past.

May 20 Update
I have added a shorter 78km route option for the Saturday ride to the event calendar.

Julie Rossall

Hi Allen,  I'm in and have a room booked at the Lafayette Motel.  FYI - between Robin and I we have TWO double rooms booked, so are happy to give one up and share if any of our group calls and is told they are full.  I'm excited to finally be coming - no 24 Hr mtn bike relay for me this this year!  Julie

* ROOM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

colin.moore

Hi Allen,

Judy, me, Pete, Rich, Mark, Dave and maybe Klaus will all be going again this year.   We're booked down at Bristol Mtn, but, we'll meet up with everyone at the starts.

We are going Thurs as well.   Hoping to ride Fri, Sat and Sun.

Fogerty and ZZ Top was a blast last year, but, we're taking a pass on the ex-Doobie Brother.

See you down there (or sooner).

Colin.

Vincent Chang

Hi Allen,

Paul B. and myself are going to drive down on early Friday morning.
Ride Safe

Vincent